GBB Newborn Care covers more comprehensive aspects of newborn care than we go over in the Childbirth Prep class. Respect for the personhood and experience of newborn babies is the foundation of this class. Balancing the needs of every family member is the outcome we are striving for!
The 5-hour Newborn Care class will explore:
- Basic developmental and postpartum timeline
- Feeding (breastfeeding, chestfeeding, bottle feeding, cup & finger feeding, pumping, formula, local resources, emotions)
- Infant circumcision
- Baby hygiene (maintaining tiny fingernails, bathing, cleaning in the folds, cradle cap, skincare, etc)
- Diapering (disposable vs. cloth, how-to, local resources, types of diaper rash & treatments)
- Car seat safety
- Crying and colic
- Sleep & sleep locations
- Bonding for everyone
- Leaving the house with a newborn
- Sex after baby
Newborn babies are welcome to attend. Class breaks for lunch, students are welcome to eat in the classroom for Q&A with the instructor.
⇐Click here to place a deposit and hold your spot!
(please see fine print here)
Please email with any access needs. Class breaks for lunch, students are welcome to eat in the classroom for Q&A with the instructor.
In inquire about scheduling a private class, please contact: